Pages

Sample Text

walle

Labels

Search

Introducing San Francisco History of the Tower of London Grand Central Station Visitors Guide

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling mom to three happy, fun, sweet kiddos. Life can get pretty busy, but I want to be intentional about the time I have each and every day. I want to live without regrets so that one day I will hear well done my good and faithful servant. I hope you leave inspired, full of new ideas, and refreshed ready for your day!

Followers

Featured Posts


LinkWithin

Amazing Sponsors

This is default featured post 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

Social Icons

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pirate Party

This party was sooooo much fun to plan! Our boy was turning 5 & he loved pirates so....

The party invitation had Goofy's picture in a pirate costume & photoshopped in "Beware of Pirates." The party details were on the back. out front we hung a big pirate flag I got for a couple bucks off of eBay.

These rice Krispie pirates were fun to make! They were the parting gift for the adults.
This is the cake table with yet another pirate flag & some pirate plates. I also have framed what every pirate needs (i.e. compass, eye patch, etc) and after each game the kids got another pirate necessity. The cake was fun to make! I made a small rectangle & cut off parts to make the island shape. I frosted & used coconut for sand. The ship was from a cake mold that I decorate with candy (including malt ball cannons!) I made the mast & sails on the computer. I pipped blue frosting around the island & ship to make water. I added some of my sons Playmobil Pirate figures & whala!

I made a watermelon pirate ship with balled watermelon, cantaloupe & grapes inside. I got lots of ohs & ahs! Right, Walk the Plank Celery =-) It is raising on peanut butter covered celery.

All the kids "Walked the Plank" over our kiddie pool. So simple, but so much fun! We got lots of "Can we do it again?"  Being a pirate hunt we had to have a treasure hunt! I made picture clues since most of the guests couldn't read. They each took an adult with them and ran all around our house & yard. At the end was a treasure box with some chocolate gold coins. It was a BLAST!

Hot dogs with pirate flag toothpicks & Shark (gummy) & blue jello cups with cool whip on top.
I found the cutest treasure box candle for the cake, but Goofy couldn't get to the candle well. So after trying to blow out the candle for a while, Dad held him & he blew out the candle easily.

That was fun & exhausting! With a May birthday you never know if the weather is going to cooperate so we worried a lot up to the party - but it was a great day! I wonder what theme we'll do next year?

Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment