Pages

Sample Text

walle

Labels

Search

Introducing San Francisco History of the Tower of London Grand Central Station Visitors Guide

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling mom to three happy, fun, sweet kiddos. Life can get pretty busy, but I want to be intentional about the time I have each and every day. I want to live without regrets so that one day I will hear well done my good and faithful servant. I hope you leave inspired, full of new ideas, and refreshed ready for your day!

Followers

Featured Posts


LinkWithin

Amazing Sponsors

This is default featured post 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

Social Icons

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Curious George Party

In our house we are big Curious George fans. Not necessarily the classic books (although they are good too), I'm talking about the PBS cartoon (http://pbskids.org/curiousgeorge/games/#1) Not only are they funny & entertaining, they teach great math & science principals. I was thrilled when we were at the zoo and saw an owl; my son said, "Hey Mom - that animal is Nocturnal like a raccoon"

Here is the cake I fashioned for his 4th birthday party. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said a yellow hat cake. It took me a long time to come up with a plan for that! I made many round cakes in descending sizes & then put yellow fondant over top. To top it off I put a fondant monkey hanging from the top. He was so thrilled. The week before his party he would stand before the cake table & admire the cake. Then he'd giggle & start clapping - so worth it!!

 Here was everyone's place setting. I included a personalized "banana" sugar cookie at everyones spot. These sugar cookies are one of my specialties!

This amazing picture that captures my sons great smile & zest for life was taken by my very talented brother-in-law Brad Tucker!

 I started putting up the kids pictures up on a wall for their birthdays. It is fun to look back & see how they've grown!

Another beautiful picture by my brother-in-law Brad. i love this look as he is trying to blow out his birthday candle!

This was a simple party with cake & ice cream, presents, and then we all just hung out & played in the backyard. It was a lot of fun & exactly what my son had asked for! I'm so glad that what he pictured in his head was what I delivered!

Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment