Pages

Sample Text

walle

Labels

Search

Introducing San Francisco History of the Tower of London Grand Central Station Visitors Guide

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling mom to three happy, fun, sweet kiddos. Life can get pretty busy, but I want to be intentional about the time I have each and every day. I want to live without regrets so that one day I will hear well done my good and faithful servant. I hope you leave inspired, full of new ideas, and refreshed ready for your day!

Followers

Featured Posts


LinkWithin

Amazing Sponsors

This is default featured post 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured post 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

Social Icons

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party

Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I am very intentional about making my children's birthdays very special. I want them to know that they are precious children of God, uniquely & wonderfully made, and are such treasures to their Daddy & I! So I love making the day truly special & memorable.

This year for Goofy's actual birthday we were going to be on a plane headed to the happiest place on earth - Disney world! So the party had to be done early & it naturally had to be a Disney themed party. The kiddos love the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse videos we borrow from the library so that became the theme.

The table setting was in primary colors to go with the show. Each kid had mouse ears at their spot. I had crayons/markers/colored pencils in a pencil holder I made with pictures of the birthday boy with Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

I made a birthday banner in a Walt Disney font

I set-up a buffet at Chef Mickey's Kitchen (you know - like the restaurant at Disney world). We served Donald's Diggity Dogs, Pluto's Pretzels, Minnie's Fruit, Mickey's Mac-N-Cheese, Goofy's Garden Veggies, and Daisey's Dazzling Punch.

This was the punch we served. It was a orange sherbet & vanilla ice cream punch. I froze Hawaiian punch in mickey shaped ice cube tray.

Here's the birthday cake I made. I love using fondant as it offers a lot of flexibility. Plus you can make the whole cake like a week ahead cause the fondant keeps the cake fresh & soft inside.

We played Mickey, Mickey, Mickey, Goofy (you know Duck, Duck, Duck, Goose), had a Mickey Pinata, decorated t-shirts (I had ironed on some mickey images onto white t-shirts), but I think the kids highlight was play Finding Pluto's Bones. I made a "Tootles"  with 4 Mooska tools they needed on their way to find Pluto's Bones. For example there was a toothpick to pop a balloon to get their clue out of it. There was a small key to open a lock. Below the birthday boy finding his bag of Pluto's bones (Scooby Snacks). It was a BIG hit.


I had also made a Mickey on part of a cardboard box & made holes in his ears. The kids enjoyed having a bean bag toss.

The birthday boy had a great time and I was very pleased with how it turned out. Now I'm left with - How am I going to top that next year?!?!?

Beth =-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment